cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF743cdw scans and copies, but won't print from PC

MetalRider
Apprentice

Hello all, and greetings.  I just bought an MF743cdw on Jan 4th.  I had it set up on my wi-fu network and it worked just fine.  This past week two things happened.  First was the Windows 10 update this week on Jan. 14th and then I was trying out several different Linux distributions on Live DVD's.  I tried printing something for the first time today, the 18th and all I see onb my "See what's printing" box is the filenmae and error - printing.  No other error messages.  

I have troubleshot the printer through the Devices and Printers selection in Control Panel and I get a message that no error was found.  I see both the printer and the computer on my wi-fi newtwork, but it's almost like they don't see each other.

I tried removing the printer from my devices and deleted the drivers and re-installed everything with the same result.  Can't print anything but the scan and copy functions seem to work okay.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

When re-installing the printer, device detection occurs.  What happens during the installation?  Is the the printer detected by the software? 

"I see both the printer and the computer on my wi-fi network" - where do you see this? (Router or?)

What is the printer's IP address?

What is the computer's IP address?

Can you PING the printer from your computer?

Can you open its webserver in a browser by typing its IP address in there?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

When re-installing the printer, device detection occurs.  What happens during the installation?  Is the the printer detected by the software? 

"I see both the printer and the computer on my wi-fi network" - where do you see this? (Router or?)

What is the printer's IP address?

What is the computer's IP address?

Can you PING the printer from your computer?

Can you open its webserver in a browser by typing its IP address in there?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Doh!  I found that I had opted to manually enter the network name rather than letting the printer find it.  Back up and working fine now.  Smiley Very Happy  Thanks for the help!

Fantastic!.

Thanks for your feedback.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

hwahwa
Apprentice
Hello! I have the exact same problem as you... Can you please tell me how you changed the settings to allowing the printer to find the network name? Thank you!
Announcements