cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF743Cdw Scan issues

sidewards
Contributor

All of a sudden, I was not able to print or scan to the MF&43Cdw.  I am on a Mac.

I reinstalled the print and scan drivers and can now print but can not scan using the Scan Utility.   It just keeps telling me no scanner is connected.   I can scan if I go into the Printer Driver ap and hit scan but it only scans each page as a seperate jpeg - as opposed to 7 pages in one jpeg.  

Any reason the Scan utility won't work.  When I try to scan from the printer itself (by typing in an email address) it tells that "email/fax settings are not configured in remote IU".  I have no idea what this means.  This is a personal computer.   

Again, I can connect and print via our home network, but can not scan using the Scan app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Got through to Canon.   I had to go into the MF Scan app, delete the Scanner from there and then re-add it.   It fixed the problem.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Darius
Whiz

Hi sidewards.

In order to provide accurate advice, we'll need more information about the computer.

What version of Mac OS is running on the computer experiencing this problem?  (Click on the Apple menu and select About This Mac).

Did the printer stop working after upgrading to a newer version of Mac OS? 

Have you updated the scanning software as well?

Are security settings preventing the scanning data from uploading to the computer from the printer?

Once we have this information, we can provide directions for resolving the problem.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Darius,

Answering your questions:

What version of Mac OS is running on the computer experiencing this problem? MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G11023) 

Did the printer stop working after upgrading to a newer version of Mac OS?  - No.  

Have you updated the scanning software as well? Yes, I tried multiple times to delete the reinstall the drives and software

Are security settings preventing the scanning data from uploading to the computer from the printer? - I don't believe so as I can go into the printer setting (where you go to see the print queue) and I can scan from there - but it only allows me to scan single pages versus the Scan tool which allowed me to put multiple pages into 1 jpeg.

Thanks for the help.  I tried to call Cannon via the phone numbers and continued to get disconnected.

Hi again, sidewards.

Scanning to JPEG format doesn't usually produce a multiple-page document.  You may need to change the data type to PDF (Multiple Pages).  This will output multiple pages to a single file.

Note: the settings for each scan setting will need to be changed individually.  More information in the MF Driver Online Manual.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

even changing to pdf, my 7 page scan still scans as 7 seperate documents.   Plus, this is really a workaround as in order to scan, I need to open the printer application and click through there.   This tells me that the printer can scan and can talk to my computer but I can't get the Canon Scan utility application to work.  It won't see the scanner like it used to. 

Hi again sidewards.

At the top of the MF Scan Utility settings window, there will be three tabs.  The first tab is for the scan options in the MF Scan Utility itself, the second is for scan options when controlling from the printer's operation panel, and the third one will be for miscellaneous settings.  Try changing the settings on the second tab, for scan-from-printer options. 

Keep in mind each scan type needs to be changed separately; changing the Data Format for "Document Scanning" on the first tab will have no affect on B&W Scanning from the printer itself, and vice versa.

If you're scanning from Image Capture (the preinstalled imaging software, accessible through the Printers & Scanners listing), you'll need to refer to Apple support for help with scan settings.

You may be able to control some other options through the printer's Remote UI.

Got through to Canon.   I had to go into the MF Scan app, delete the Scanner from there and then re-add it.   It fixed the problem.  

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements