cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF741C printer no longer printing files sdent from my (Dell workplace) computer

wkbalzer
Apprentice

My MF741C printer was working fine last week. But now it is not printing documents I send it. With help from my workplace tech office, they istalled new driver software from Canon website but that did not fix the problem. My Dell  computer runs on a Windows 10 Enterprise Version 21H2 installed 12/15/2021. 

The tech office can't provide any further help. And I'm not a techie. So I'm hoping someone out there might have a suggestion to bring by printer back to life (I need a resurrection before Easter!). Thanks.     

4 REPLIES 4

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Wkbalzer,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, please contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

1. When the print fails, do you get an error on the printer or computer screen? If so, what error do you get or what happens when it does not print?
  2. Are you connecting to the printer via USB or is it over a network?

I just tried printing via USB cable, it says the same thing.  Printer is in an error state, even though there is nothing on the screen on the printer.

jediwump
Apprentice

I'm having the same issue.  I am connected over my wireless network.  I can type the IP address in the browser and see the Canon device portal, so it is definitely connected.  I just used it a few days ago with no issues.
Now, I get a generic error.  Print queue also says Error printing, with nothing specific.  I ran a troubleshooter and it didn't find any problems.  I restarted the device, my network, and my computer.  I stopped the spooler, deleted the files in the spool folder, and restarted it.  My last option is to go and find a cable long enough to connect it directly to my computer, but if I wanted to do that I wouldn't have bought a wireless printer.  
I can't help but notice it took you 14 days to reply to the OP.  Please I hope someone replies before that.  What good is support two weeks later?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The Canon Community is a user to user forum, it is not official support.  To receive support from Canon, please register your device in the My Canon Portal  You will be provided support options and how to contact, etc.  

There has not been any activity on this thread since March.  I suspect your environment is not identical to the OP's.  To receive assistance from the community, please start your own thread.  Thanks into advance.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements