cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF733Cdw, Scan autofeed stopped working

Gandb
Apprentice

MF733Cdw  my scanner autofeed jammed, after I cleared the jam, the auto feed never worked again. 

How can I clear this problem.   I can still scan on the glass but I really need to do double sides auto feed scanning. 

4 REPLIES 4

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Gandb,

In this situation, you can try opening the feeder cover using the steps in the link HERE and checking for any obstructions. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. When you try to use the feeder now, do you get an error or what happens?
  2. When you cleared the jam, did the paper rip?

Paper jams on right side of paper.  Paper does not rip

Hello Abrunett,

If the paper jams on a specific side, it will usually point to something in the paper feed path. In this situation you can try opening the feeder path using the steps in the link HERE Once the cover for the feeder path is open, you can try inserting some stiffer paper into the paths the paper feeds into or using some compressed air to try and clear out any obstructions.

If that does not resolve the issue, it looks like the printer needs service. you can use the link HERE to access your My Canon account and check your service options.

Thanks.  Does not seem to be any obstruction but I will try compressed air and stiffer paper.

Announcements