Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

MF733 Disconnects Phone Calls

Just set up my wifes MF733cdw and now any incoming phone calls are disconnected anywhere from 15-60 seconds into the call since the fax unit thinks its an incoming fax.  The party at the other end hears the fax "beeps".  The fax portion of the unit is set to answering machine mode as instructed.  The answering machine has about 4 seconds of "dead air" before the greeting.  This is an unlivable situation if I can't get a solution quickly.  The unit will be going back. It recieves faxes fine and outgoing calls are not disrupted. 

Re: MF733 Disconnects Phone Calls

Hi, paulcolombo!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

New Contributor

Re: MF733 Disconnects Phone Calls

It is time sensitive and I have already talked with phone support, searched knowledge bases, etc. No answers.