cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF641CW - Color Correction

j1stgo
Apprentice

Hi All,

Looking for assistance with the color correction for my Imageclass MF641CW laser printer. Every time I try to print in color the colors don't seem to match on my MF641CW. I have followed the instructions listed in the manual but they don't seem to correct the issue. Does anyone have an idea of what i can do to get the colors to match or look at least normal. 

Correcting "Print Color Mismatch"

Select <Menu> in the Home screen.
Select <Adjustment/Maintenance>  <Adjust Image Quality>.
Select <Correct Print Color Mismatch>.
Select <Start>.
The adjustment starts.
8 REPLIES 8

Walter1701
Contributor

I having the same problem with both printing and copying.  The color is off.  When I try to do the adjustment, it runs for minute or so and then says it could not complete the adjustment.  Need Help!

Hello Walter1701,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. Which Canon printer do you have?
  2. What type of paper are you printing on?
  3. Are the colors too bright, too dark, or is there a tint to the image?
  4. What model toner cartridges do you have loaded at the moment?

Walter1701
Contributor

1. Imageclass MF641CW
2. 20lb laser printer paper
3. The tint is off
4. It's a New printer so whatever it came with.  OEM

Thanks!!!!!!!

Hello Walter1701,

If you are seeing a tint in your image and you are using the toner cartridges that came with the printer, to see what type tint you have or the severity of the tint could you attach a sample print of the tinted print and a copy of the original image. You can also contact our support team directly over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents can also review any sample images and check your print/program settings.

Here are the original and the scan of the print.Color Test Print Original.jpgColor Test Print.jpg

Big difference.  I'm guessing it might be more than a setting????

Walter1701
Contributor

Is this a problem with the toner or the printer adjustment?

Hello Walter1701,

The image that you sent in looks like there is an issue with the yellow toner cartridge and the toner is not getting to the paper. You can try opening the printer and checking the toner cartridge for any packing material and if it is seated correctly. While the toner cartridge is out of the printer, you can give it a gentle shake to make sure the toner is evenly distributed in the cartridge.

If you continue to have issues, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666 to check. they would be happy to check what might be going on with the yellow toner and can provide any service options.

Walter1701
Contributor

Been working Great for the past year.  The problem I'm having now is that the prints are coming out a little to Red.  I'm still on the original toner cartridges and using 20-24lb paper.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thank you!!!!!

Announcements