cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF634Cdw Discoloration on left side of the page

SW1013
Apprentice

Hi there, I recently started having a problem when I try to print anything in color I get a wavy orange/pink discoloration along the left side of the print, the discoloration varies from about 1.5" - 2" from the margin and seems to repeat at a regular interval. This problem does not occur when I print in purely black and white.

I use this printer fairly infrequently but have recently started increasing the usage due to getting back into a hobby that requires more color printing.

Checking the toner status, Black (100%), Cyan (90%), Magenta (90%), Yellow (80%). I just replaced the Black toner about a week ago, but the others have sat in the printer for about a year with low usage.

Since this issue only occurs at the left edge of the print I'm inclined to think this is not a toner issue but something else. I have gone through the troubleshooting steps in the manual, clean fixing assembly, clean ITB, I would appreciate any help on this and have attached scans of some prints to show the problem.

IMG_0001.jpgIMG_0002.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello SW1013,

The issue looks like a problem with the hardware or the toner. It looks like the cyan toner might be the issue but it can still be the hardware. You can try reseating the toner cartridges in the printer and gently shaking them to make sure the toner powder is evenly distributed. You can also try another toner cartridge to see if it resolves the issue. If it does not, it looks like there is a problem with the ITB or fixing assembly. You can check your available service options by logging into your MyCanon account or contacting support at 1-800-652-2666.

Announcements