cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF4770n Scanner Does Not Work

WUSONG
Apprentice

My MF4770n would get its scanner going after the operation system reloaded on my computer. even although its printing functions well now, the printer screen prompt " connecting computer" whenever I choose to scan. I uninstalled its drivers and then download and installed such file as MF4700MFDriversV2090W64usEN, but I can find MFtoolbox anywhere on my computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice
Whiz

Hi WUSONG.

Please verify that you have reinstalled the scanning patch.It can be downloaded by clicking on the link below:

Network/USB Scan Patch (Download)

The MF Toolbox software is available for download under the Software tab of the driver download page. Please click the link below to download and install the MF Toolbox:

MF Toolbox (Download)

If you still experience an issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You've told us your issue.

Can you please tell us:

What operating system you are running?

How the printer is connected?

What drivers you are using?

The ones you referenced are windows, but I can't guess.

You also said you reloaded your OS.  If you are using windows, this can have more than one meaning (or option) depending on the version you are using. 

Example Windows 10:

"Refresh" the OS keeping your files and applications

"Reset" the OS which reverts it to a "factory state" no programs or files are saved.

The former will not remove a problem you were having before the refresh.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Ricky

The problem is solved, just by updating the scanner pacth. thank you through, Sorry for your time.

Patrice
Whiz

Hi WUSONG.

Please verify that you have reinstalled the scanning patch.It can be downloaded by clicking on the link below:

Network/USB Scan Patch (Download)

The MF Toolbox software is available for download under the Software tab of the driver download page. Please click the link below to download and install the MF Toolbox:

MF Toolbox (Download)

If you still experience an issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same symptom as first reported in this thread.

Printer works fine on the network, but scan function keeps telling me to connect to the computer.

This problem started itermittently.  Restarting the computer seemed to correct it.  Now, the problem is permanent.

I'm on a Windows 10 computer, using an MF4700N (serial number QZJ892XX).  I anonymized the last two numbers of the serial number.

In addition, the printer no longer goes into Energy Saver mode on its own.  And won't go into that  mode when I press the button.

I have reloaded the driver for the printer.

I tried attaching the printer to the computer via a USB cable (disconnecting the network cable, updating the driver to let it know I was (now) using a USB cable.

Nothing works.

I downloaded and installed the patch provided above.  Still, the problems persist.

Announcements