cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF453dw Won't Print, Shows "Error State"

andrewsky
Apprentice

installs ok, prints test page. When sending print job it doesn't print and it shows "error state".  This happens only on one workstation only.  We tried the three different language protocols.  If I reboot it works only for the first job, then again lists error when trying to print again.  My IT people can't figure it out.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, andrewsky!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on that workstation (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof) and how your printer communicates with your computer (i.e. via USB, Wi-Fi, or Ethernet). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

andrewsky
Apprentice

Windows 10 Pro, 21H, ethernet connect to network. 10 stations total. Two printers: Canon MF453 and Canon TR8620a. All other installations have no issues, just this one, a DELL Optiplex  AIO 9030

Hello Andrewsky,

The issue could be caused by a problem with the print spooler service, a poor connection or security blocking the printer connection. 

You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in services.msc and click OK. In the list of services, you can highlight the print spooler service and then click the option to restart. Once it has been restarted, you can try printing again to see if it responds. If it does not, you can try restarting while leaving the security turned off to see if it can print more than one job.

If you continue to have issues, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

I decided to try it on my own.  I removed the printer, then restarted.  I added the printer but let windows churn for a while and it showed the printer and installed it as" MF450 series" without the specific software designation.  When I go into settings it asks to specify the function I want Pronter/scanner), when i choose one it just defaults at printer. I ignore it. Now I'm able to print as in the past through my other programs. The software was not any of the Canon products previously downloaded.

Now, my next question concerns how long a toner cartridge should last. The starter one didn't last as long as I expected as seen from other reviews. A message indicated to Change/order cartridge. But still allowed printing for a few days, until it would no longer print.  I replaced it and all is ok now.  Is there a "toner saver" setting? And can it be turned on/off when sending in a print job?, instead of all the time? Thank you in advance.

Announcements