cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF445DW can print but can't scan URGENT

cloudsofmana
Apprentice

Printer is a canon mf445dw, the scanning function is not working. Attempts made:

Driver removal at the system level and reinstallation of driver package

Driver removal with network install configuration, mf scan still won't recognize the scanner, but will print

Accessed printer web interface, verified nothing in the settings was changed to affect the scanning functionality, for good measure I re-initialized the device (reset) with no luck.

Used various versions of the driver.

To conclude: the printing functions work great, however the device refuses to accept a usb connection upon installation with none of the above affecting the outcome. When attempting to scan from the printer, the same error dialog box pops up which tells me it is trying to communicate but failing. Client states that it was configured to work with a mac computer, but since stopped functioning on a windows machine.

3 REPLIES 3

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

Try reaching out to Canon Customer Support. The fact that you can't get the machine to scan even when trying from the front panel, has me thinking that the unit will need to be sent out for repair.

Stephen

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is urgent, click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Cloudsofmana,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. What is the full message of the scanner error or what error code number does it give you?
  3. Are you able to scan by starting the scanner software on the computer?
Announcements