cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF410 (MF416dw) - can't scan to computer or email

MF_HomeUser
Apprentice

Have been trying everything - upgraded drivers/software, nothing seems to work.

Can't seem to scan directly to drive, or to email/fax. It just spins and eventually prints an error report, or just prompts an error.

Wireless printing is about the only thing working. Only scanning i can do it to a USB drive.

Any help appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi MF_HomeUser.

So that we can best assist you, please answer the questions below:

1. Which version of Windows or macOS is installed on your computer?

2. Do you receive a specific error on the computer, when using the IJ Scan Utility?

3. What is the error code on the report that is printed, when scanning to email at the machine?

We look forward to your reply. If you need immediate assistance with this feature, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the response.

1. Windows 8(older), Windows 10 home, Windows 10 pro

2. Do not remember right off the top of my head, but for some hex message saying there was an error. I will try to get a screenshot this weekend. Most times though, there is no response at all - it freezes. Also, i remember it being an MF scan utility - is that something that makes a difference?

3. there is no error code - it says "TX Result Report", time, Sheets - 0, Error, and then my email address that it was trying to send to. No more information.

Thanks again.

regards

MF_HomeUser
Apprentice

Just an update - i have no screen shot, since the machine is now unable to connect to the scanner (and vice versa). Just times out. The WiFi connection is fine to both devices (MF410 and the computer) - they are about 4 feet apart from each other and both can see the network perfectly fine.

Is there a way to get more information on the error other than the blank transmission page? i'm getting really  frustrated with the inability to use anything but a USB drive for scanning.

Thanks again.

Announcements