cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF262dw II Displaying Wrong Language

dcsmart
Apprentice

I had a firmware update notice on my printer and updated the firmware.  When I completed the update the printer screen was changed to a different language, Chinese? and I can't read it.  How can I change the language to English?   If I can't change because I can't read the language, how can I reset the printer to factory specs?

Thank you 

Dan

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

This could get tricky, but I think it would be possible to switch back to English.

First thing to check is if you have the "Touch Panel" version or "5 Lines LCD" version of the printer.  See this Screens Displayed on the Control Panel web page for how the two would appear.

NOTE: I am not a native Chinese speaker.  All the following Chinese text are taken from translation files in macOS and assume Simplified Chinese Mandarin.   Thus, the text may not match what you see on your printer.

The goal would be to access "Menu" (potentially 菜单)

Then, access "Preferences" (potentially 偏好设置)

Then, access "Display Settings" (no idea the translation, but perhaps this is the first physical item in the Preferences menu").   Finally, select "Language" (potentially 语言).  The Language names should all be in native languages, so you should see "English" as a choice.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I might point the camera on my phone at it and let Google do its magic. The tensor processor in the Pixel can translate languages (what it hears or see's on the fly).  I don't know if iOS does this.  But I suspect Apple does it to.  A neighbor or work colleague is also a good option.   

If your phone doesn't help, you'll probably need the help of a neighbor or colleague.  If you can't get to the language screen, you're not going to get to the settings reset either.  

Configuring the Default Settings (Setup Guide) (Touch Panel Model) - Canon - imageCLASS MF269dw II /...  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

14calinder
Apprentice

I have the 269 II model.  Mine was changed to Japanese.  I have kinda a leg up on this, I took Japanese in college, so I was a little more familiar with the language.  However, it still took a little research before I was able to successfully change the language back.  Mind you, I am not fluent what so ever and didn't want to go through that whole process again, so I used Google Translate for the Japanese names after the fact.

On the touch screen, at the bottom left hand corner, it will say menu (メニュー).  When you click on it the first thing on the list should be preferences (環境設定 - I think this is the one that popped up). The next screen you will select the first button. It will say display settings (表示設定).  On this screen, language should be the third button down (言語 - it should have these two characters, it may have one or two characters before it).  From here you should be able to see the language options to select your preferred language.

I hope this helps!  Good luck!

Had the exact same experience on MF269 dw (language turned out to be Japanese).

The instructions are correct.  Start by pressing the home button on the machine.  On the touch screen, press MENU,which is on the bottom left (the screen will read page 1 / 5).  On the next screen, press the 1st item of 4 (PREFERENCES). On the next screen, hit the 1st item of 5 (DISPLAY SETTINGS). The next screen will have a listing of languages.  If you need to go back a screen, you can use the back button on the machine.

oops - I forgot after DISPLAY SETTINGS, the next screen you will need to choose the 3rd item of 5 (LANGUAGES), and the next screen will display the language to choose from

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements