Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

MF260 series laser feeder problem

[ Edited ]

I can't get my new MF 267 printer to use the feeder. Using the computer printer utility, I receive the message "Place the originals in the feeder" even though they are in the feeder (and I hear a beep when loaded). Using the printer, I receive the message "Original is in the feeder," after pressing the Scan button and the "Computer" message (as opposed to Email or File), although then there is another message that reads "Connect the computer." Yet the computer is connected by USB to the printer. Using the "platen glass" works.

Highlighted
Reputable Contributor

Re: MF260 series laser feeder problem

Hi emprof.

If the document feeder status isn't detected by the MF Scan Utility on the computer, try disabling your firewall or antivirus temporarily.  If your computer is a laptop, ensure it's connected to external power and charging; operation off of battery power may cause signal strength across a USB connection to be too weak for the printer and computer to communicate effectively.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, and you are located in the U.S., our support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.