cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF4450 MF toolbox can't find scanner

chris_2000
Apprentice

My MF4450 scanner worked 3 days ago, but it stopped funtioning today after my windows 10 pro recent patch, I guess. MF toolbox 4.9 can't connect to the scanner, with error msg" a supported scanner is not installed". The most funny part is windows fax & scanner can scan via this scanner. I connected the scanner to my PC directly via USB. Any solution?

Regards,

Chris.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

James_C

Hi chris_2000

Let's perform the following steps to resolve the error:

1. Open the Windows Desktop.

2. Right click on the MF Toolbox icon and click Properties.

3. Click the Compatibility tab, then click "Change settings for all users". 

4. Put a check next to "Run this program as an administrator", then click Apply and OK.

5.  Attempt to scan from the MF Toolbox software.

If the issue continues, click HERE for additionally steps to do to resolve the issue.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31

At one point I did get my toolbox software to work again only to find it stopped working again (not recognizing the printer). I solved this problem by installing the Windows Scan offered free in the app store. It has worked just fine. You need to "preview" what you want to scan before scanning.

James_C

Hi chris_2000

There is a recommended patch to install if you are having issues scanning in Windows 10.  Let's perform the following steps to download and install the scanning patch:

1.  Click HERE to launch the download and driver page.  Your operating system should automatically be detected.

2.  Under the "Drivers" tab, you will need to download and install the file Windows 32-bit & 64-bit] Patch for Network Scan, USB Scan.

3.  Attempt a scan at this point.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello James_C,

Thank you for your time and help 🙂

Luckily, solution to my problem was more simple:

1. Uninstall MF Toolbox.

2. Uninstall Drivers for printer.

3. Restart.

4. Close all aplications and deactivate anivirus. (I guess that's the solution - I've never had to do this, so I didn't the last time)

5. Run Driver package as administator, install. (I also run installer as administrator, before I didn't)

6. Restart.

7. Run MF Toolbox intaller as administrator, install. (I also run installer as administrator, before I didn't)

8. Restart.

9. Activate antivirus, run Toolbox and scan (I didn't have to run it as administrator) - works from computer and printer.

Cheers!

P.S. Patch didn't help...

Is no REAL SOLUTION to this issue...

I have it this year (2019) few time...

Some time has solved just restarting the PC and the printer...some time I reinstalled de software/drivers... 

But I found the MAGIC solution... 😄

Trust me...I'm not  use every day, but when I use I m ake from 50 up to 200 scans. (at 100 need to restart the process...). And I buy this model because I can scan from printer directly to PC...anyway...read my solution...100% working

-----------------------------------

0. I have Windows 10 (OS) and i7 and more at hardware...you need a server (or a 24h PC) if you are in a company network

1. Install a virtual machine solution - I installed Oracle VM Virtual Box (free version)

2. Make a virtulal machine with Windows 7

3. Configure a shared folder on your PC (server) and mount in the Win 7 machine (on a network, mount on every machine)

4. Install the printer on Win 7 virtual machine

5. Done. Scan form your printer to Win 7 VM (to shared folder) and all images will be visible over the network, to all stations.

----

P.S. Let's presume you will make a folder named "shared" on 😧 partion from your server/PC. Then, after you give all permissions, you need to create a subfolder in "shared", let's name "printer". On Win 7 VM you will set this path for your scans (you cannot set the root "D:\shared". Then on every station (or your Win10 PC) on desktop you can put a shortcut to "D:\shared\printer" folder. And you can change the icon of this shortcut...if you want... 😄 Now when you double-click on the new shortcut you will get instant access to all scans (in a company will be required a management between users scans...)

Hi James-

The multi page option is not on the Source drop down menu for me any more. Only option I have is the Platen Glass. Any thoughts on how to get mutli page back? I have done a restart of the CPU and the Canon device.

Thank you-

DS

James_C

Hi chris_2000

There is a recommended patch to install if you are having issues scanning in Windows 10.  Let's perform the following steps to download and install the scanning patch:

1.  Click HERE to launch the download and driver page.  Your operating system should automatically be detected.

2.  Under the "Drivers" tab, you will need to download and install the file Windows 32-bit & 64-bit] Patch for Network Scan, USB Scan.

3.  Attempt a scan at this point from the MF Toolbox software.

Since the toolbox has been working of late, I probably won't change anything now. Sometimes the feeder doesn't work, and then I need to pull the power plug and reinsert.

Thanks for the suggestions and help.

Hi James_C,

After May's Windows 10 Update this patch no longer helps (if it have ever helped...). Europe's customer service tells me that I'm right and none of previous methods seems to work.

Solution that works provisionally for me (thanks to Wolrab from this forum):

Run Toolbox as administrator - it works if you scan from PC (if you installed everything without antivirus protection). Scanning from device is not possible. To workaround that I use Remote Desktop on my phone or tablet to control Toolbox (along with whole PC) while I'm next to device.

george916
Apprentice
Hi Patrice,
The printer model is MF4370.
The same negative result was obtained with both the MFC Toolbox and MFC Scan Utility

Thank you, george916.

Scanning over the network is not supported on the Mac operating system with the MF4370dn. The printer will need to be connected to the computer with a USB cable. Please note that this information is included on the Driver/Software Details of the driver download, at the Canon website.

Announcements