cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF4450 MF toolbox can't find scanner

chris_2000
Apprentice

My MF4450 scanner worked 3 days ago, but it stopped funtioning today after my windows 10 pro recent patch, I guess. MF toolbox 4.9 can't connect to the scanner, with error msg" a supported scanner is not installed". The most funny part is windows fax & scanner can scan via this scanner. I connected the scanner to my PC directly via USB. Any solution?

Regards,

Chris.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

James_C

Hi chris_2000

Let's perform the following steps to resolve the error:

1. Open the Windows Desktop.

2. Right click on the MF Toolbox icon and click Properties.

3. Click the Compatibility tab, then click "Change settings for all users". 

4. Put a check next to "Run this program as an administrator", then click Apply and OK.

5.  Attempt to scan from the MF Toolbox software.

If the issue continues, click HERE for additionally steps to do to resolve the issue.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31

george916
Apprentice
Hi Patrice,
Actually, this is incorrect according to the manual of MF4370. It specifically states how to configure on Mac a network connected MF4370.
Problem is - it does not really work.
My comment about extremely poor support by Canon of its products on major operating systems other than Windows - stands (regardless of correctness of your reply).
Extremely disappointing for such a premium (obviously in the past) brand.
Next time will stick with Brother, or any manufacturer who provides decent support on non Windows OSes. Brother is just a good example of one who does it consistently and for many years.

smk95
Apprentice
😂
Announcements