08-03-2015 04:18 PM
I have a MF4570dn, and recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.
I can no longer scan using the MF Toolbox utility. I had MF Toolbox 4.9 installed before the upgrade, and it worked just fine. After the upgrade, I get "Cannot communicate with the scanner" error dialog:
I thought I would try to reinstall the MF Toolbox utility, but there are two problems.
1) The downloads page shows no downloads for Windows 10 for this printer. This should be updated.
2) I downloaded the one for Windows 8.1, and tried to reinstall, but it just hangs at the "Processing Installation" screen:
I've also tried to uninstall the existing MF Toolbox first, and it also hangs at this same dialog.
I've also tried various other things without success:
- Connecting via USB instead of Network. It detects the scanner, and MF Toolbox can switch to that device, but it still gives a communications error.
- Trying the built-in Windows Scan app instead of MF Toolbox. It uses the WIA driver. It barely starts to scan, then immediately cancels.
Please Canon - forward this to your engineers and provide a fix asap. I cannot use my scanner on Windows 10.
(I can use the printer functionality just fine.)
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-04-2015 01:42 PM
I upgraded to Win 10 on six machines. five machines can print. One can not load the driver and can not print.
No machine can scan.
I hope this gets fixed rapidly. I really need the scanner.
08-05-2015 08:15 AM
I Upgraded to Win 10 today, so I had this problem too.....however......
OK, so this isn't an exact substitute for the Toolbox....I have an MF4770n.
I did find Win 10 Drivers on this site, so maybe they are new additions.
Download and install the latest drivers for your MF4770n from this site. Restart your PC. Test printing.
Then go to the Windows App store, search "scan", find "Windows Scan" app, install.
At MF4770n load a doc to scan, select Remote Scanner,
At the PC, open Windows Scan App - it found the 4770n instantly on my system.
Use the drop down menus to select source, output etc. You can preview platen scans, not auto feeder docs.
Doc feeder worked to scan a 5 page PDF first try!
Works for me, hope it does for you.
08-05-2015 09:11 AM - edited 08-05-2015 09:12 AM
BTW: The driver for Win 10 x64 is
for my Canon, I hope there is one for all of you!
08-05-2015 05:12 PM
After messing around with this myself I got this to work but doing the following:
1. turn off printer, if you don't when windows 10 boots it may auto detect it and install (which I found screws this all up)
2. uninstall the MF Toolbox and driver if installed then reboot windows 10
3. After reboot and login turn printer back on and make sure it's connected to network (test ping and config page)
4. Install driver, it should detect printer but if not try entering the IP, and make sure MF Scan appears in notification area.
5. Install MF Toolbox for windows 8.1 (v4.9)
6. add inbound and outbound firewall rules for:
%ProgramFiles% (x86)\Canon\MF Toolbox Ver4.9\MFTBOX.exe
%ProgramFiles% (x86)\Canon\MF Toolbox Ver4.9\TBOXCFG.EXE
%ProgramFiles%\Canon\Canon MF Network Scan Utility\CNMFSUT6.EXE
7. modify the MF Toolbox configuration (just go in and then press OK)
8. On printer test scan and it should show your computer
08-08-2015 02:12 AM
I found the solution to this problem. You want to remove other driver folders in Windows/Twain_32 directory. I manaully removed Creative folder and it worked. I guess my creative cam doesn't work anymore, but that was coming for a long time.