cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIFY GX1020 - Scanning Help

FPS49
Apprentice

Just recently purchased a Canon GX1020 all-in-one unit and using in conjunction with a Mac.  The printing works fine but the scanning function doesn't work properly.  I've downloaded the manual but the manual's instructions for scanning don't match what I see on the printer's control panel after I push the Scan icon.  I'm able to scan individual documents through the System Preferences/Printers&Scanners function on my computer but can't add pages to a scan.  I can't do anything through the scan icon.

Using MacOS Monterey 12.7.1

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, FPS49!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of macOS is running on your Mac. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

FPS49
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply.

I'm currently using Monterey 12.7.1.  After multi reviews of the scan portion of the manual and doing some online searches I determined I needed two downloads to help setup and utilize the printer.  These were Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite and Canon Quick Utility Toolbox.  After downloading these and following the manual I was able to use all the printer features from my computer.  There is still an issue trying to start a scan from the printer itself.  In the setup you need to identify a Destination Folder which requires the following format - \\server name\folder name.  I have a folder in my computer that I send general scans to when scanning through my computer.  In trying to set up the address for the scanner I don't know what to put in for the server name.  I've tried a few things but nothing seems to work, so at least at this time I can use the scan function through my computer.

You can try the following operation methods:

1.Share folders on your computer and choose to allow read and write permissions

2.Canon Quick Utility Toolbox setting

In the“Shared folder name in the target”dialog box,you can input "\\"  first,then click on the 'Browse' button. Select your shared folder in the pop-up dialog box.

3.Domain Name/User Name.   The username is referred to as the content after '\\' above

4.Password must be filled in

I've given read/write permission and gotten to the "Browse" action.  I can see the folder I want to send to in the popup but unfortunately everything is grayed out so I can't select anything.

You can try to set up SMB file sharing on  MAC,Refer to the link below

Apple - Support - Search

Announcements