cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost WiFi connection to Cannon LBP6230dw

Luchinsky
Apprentice

Dear experts,

I have a problem connecting my WiFi printer to computer.

I have Cannon LBP6230dw printer and two computers with Mac and Windows/Linux (dual boot in the second case) on the same WiFi network (one router). For a long time everything was great, it was possible to print from both computers and all three operation systems. Recently, however, the second computer lost the printer, although WiFi still works (I can use internet). I tried to reinstall it both on Windows and Linux, but failed, printer is not visible. On the first computer everything is OK.

Is there any simple way to restore access to this printer?

Thank you in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Luchinsky.

Are you able to access the printer's remote user interface on the Windows computer? To open the interface, you will need the IP address of the printer. Please print the User Data List by pressing and holding the  (Paper) key on the printer for 3 seconds. 

Once you have the IPv4  IP Address, type it into the address bar of your browser, and then press the Enter button on your keyboard. You should see the page shown in the image below:

If you are unable to view the Remote UI, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

I can see this page, but the printer still does not work. In Settings it is marked as Offline and the system does not see it when I try to add printer once again

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Luchinsky.

Are you able to access the printer's remote user interface on the Windows computer? To open the interface, you will need the IP address of the printer. Please print the User Data List by pressing and holding the  (Paper) key on the printer for 3 seconds. 

Once you have the IPv4  IP Address, type it into the address bar of your browser, and then press the Enter button on your keyboard. You should see the page shown in the image below:

If you are unable to view the Remote UI, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I can see this page, but the printer still does not work. In Settings it is marked as Offline and the system does not see it when I try to add printer once again

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements