cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laser MF641 off line and cant get added back to macbook pro

JackandDiane
Apprentice

My MF641 Laser Printer worked fine and then today it wont scan from the software, it says it can not communicate with computers....I can not use cord because it does not fit into my laptop.  Meanwhile the printer then went "offline" and so I took it off the printers list on my mac and went to add it back but no air printer was found, nothing.  Now my printer is not even on my lap top.  I tried to redo everything as if new, but it says that is already set up.  Can someone help me?  Thank you so much, I must get important documents scanned in like now!   I really appreciate your knowledge.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

JackandDiane
Apprentice

Update.  Today the printer did show up on the mac add a printer list but it still wont connect to print?  What can I do?

Hello JackandDiane,

If the Mac can see the printer but can't addit, it could be caused by the drivers installed on the computer. You can try downloading and installing the recommended driver for the printer using the link HERE. 

We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. When you try to add the printer, do you get any specific errors?
  2. What version of the Mac operating system are you using on your computer?
Announcements