cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOW TONER WARNING WITH 40% REMAINING

RhondasCanon
Apprentice
My Canon MultiVLASS MF743cdw is warning that I am low on toner but I checked the consumables and it shows 90% black and 40% color remaining. I understand the percentage will not be exact but 40% is hardly a percentage to show running low on toner. Q: Is there an adjustment to the settings so the printer interprets a much lower percentage of remaining toner as being low? Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I've not seen an MF series laser report low toner at 40% remaining, so my first question would be are you uasing Canon branded toner?

If yes, try removing the toner and holding horizontally, shake gently from side to side.  You may want to do this outside as it can sometimes be messy.  This can help redistribute the toner inside the cartridge evenly.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello RhondasCanon,

The warning message will come up depending on what is set for the toner percentage in the Display Timing for Cart Prep setting. You can adjust that setting using the steps in the link provided HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements