cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP623c won't print, Windows 10 error message simply says "The printer couldn't print xx"

needsomehelp
Apprentice

Hi,

Trying to print to a new Canon LBP623 through a LAN. Running Windows 10. The printer says it is connected to the network, and the computer found the printer on the network, no problem. Newest drivers installed. But when I try to print a test page from Settings - or when I try to print anything else to the printer, I get an error message that simply says, "The printer couldn't print XX."

I can open the queue and cancel the job, and it goes away - but the same thing happens if I try to print again.

I've rebooted and powered off/on both computer and printer.

If I print a test page from the printer itself, it prints fine - ink, paper, etc. all working find. But I can't print anything across the network.

Any help appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

If you are having problems printing over the network, but can perform prints from the printer itself, it looks like there is a problem with the network communication or something is blocking the print jobs. In this situation, I would suggest starting by uninstalling the drivers from the computer.

1. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in appwiz.cpl and click OK.
  2. In the list that appears, you can select the UFR II printer driver from the list and then you can select uninstall.

Once the driver has been uninstalled, you can disable any security software that can prevent communication and then you can reinstall the printer driver. You can download and install the UFR II printer driver using the link provided HERE.

Once the drivers have been reinstalled, you can try another print to see if it works. If it does, you can try turning on your security software to see if it still prints. If you continue to have issues printing over the network, you can also try unplugging the router from the power for 5 seconds and then plugging the router back in. Once the network is back up, you can try printing again to see if it works.

If you continue to have issues printing, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666, our agents would be happy to help.

Announcements