cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBP230dw Not recognizing Canon 126 Starter Toner

louislegros
Apprentice

Hello, I was just trying to install my imageCLASS LBP6230dw. This was just recently opened from the box and I have not printed with it yet. However, I am getting the following error message from the printer utility.

error message.jpg

There is no paper jam or paper in the printer. The copper connectors on the toner do not appear to be blocked by anything. The middle light below the green power light is constantly blinking red.

Am I missing out on anything with the installation process, or did I receive a bad printer/toner cartridge?

2 REPLIES 2

louislegros
Apprentice

I just purchased a new toner cartridge and attempted to replace it to see if it was an issue with the included toner cartridge, but I'm getting the same exact error. There is no paper blockage, the printer has never attempted to printed because its never detected having a toner cartridge.

Hello Louislegros,

If you are having the same issue with two toner cartridges, it would mean there is something wrong with hardware or the toner is not sitting properly. Just to make sure, you can review the toner loading procedure using the link provided HERE. If it still does not detect the toner after following those steps, it would mean there is something wrong with the hardware. I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist and can provide you with service options.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements