cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink Cartridge Level

Scooter14
Apprentice

Hello,

I am quite frustrated, I have a Maxify MB2720 Printer,Scanner,Fax. I don't like that an ink cartridge can only be changed when a warning comes up that it's out of ink. I want to print some pictures and some nice documents and just because the ink `level of my yellow is empty (and even has a question mark by it) has been low for a long time, possibly even out and a notice hasn't popped up to let me change the cartridge. I haven't been able to find any information on how to fix this, to be able to rep[lace it. It has been an ongoing issue with other colors, to where I wait on photos until one runs out (just so I can change it) and by that time a different color is low enough that it's not printing its full color. Is there a way that I can change these with out the warning?

Can anyone help?

Thanks for your time. 🙂

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Unless there is something special about your printer, you can change and install a new ink cartridge whenever you want. You do not have to wait for the warning. On my printer (a Pro-100) if I get a low warning on a cartridge, I replace any that look like they are almost low. Reason being that when a cartridge is replaced the printer runs a purge cycle that affects all cartridges, not just the one that was replaced. Since the purge consumes ink there is the possibility that the purge cycles pushes a cartridge into the low warning area. Could be repeated if I just now replace that one cartridge. Some folks call this the domino effect. In the long run it saves ink, even though I might be replacing a particlular cartidge early.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements