cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass MF445 - Printing Checks from Quicken

GaryE
Apprentice

I am attempting to print checks from Quicken (3 to a 8.5" x 11" page). My problem using the multi-purpose tray to print an individual check (x = 4"; y = 8.5") or two checks (x = 7.5";  y = 8.5") on partial sheets. I have registered the custom paper sizes and select the correct one when I insert a partial sheet into the multi-purpose tray, putting it properly into position and adjusting the tray size. When I attempt to print, I get a "Paper Settings and Loaded Size Mismatch" error and the checks do not print.

I am running the latest version of Quicken, R36.56 on Windows 10. I have tried the "Edge" and "Centered" partial page settings in Quicken.

Greatly appreciate any help on how to print these custom paper (check) sizes with my MF445. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Its been a long time since I've done this.  

What happens if you stick with 8.5 x 11 and only populate the first or second checks when there are less than 3?

Other possible solution here:

How To Set Your Printer To Print Checks in Quicken

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for your reply. I can print with no problem on a full-size 8.5" x 11" sheet. The problem occurs when I have only one or two checks to print on partial sheets, which is often the case. BTW, I'm coming from a Lexmark which had no problem doing this - and without asking for a custom paper size.

I do this with labels all the time.  30 on a sheet, but rarely print 30 at a time.  So I load the 8.5 x 11 sheet in the printer and start at the column and label I want to print.

If you only have one or two checks after ripping one off,  put that in the drawer, choose 8.5 x 11 and populate the first and/or second check.

Or did you try the Recommendation from Quicken above:

1. Choose a full-page source, and if necessary, a partial page printing style and a partial page source.

The printer will not expect a custom paper size unless you tell it to expect something besides 8.5 x 11.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for taking the time to reply. With labels, you still have a full 8.5 x 11 sheet. Not the case with the checks. The techniques that you mention don't work.

I'm in disbelief that Canon doesn't support a simple function like this. 

Did you happen to get a fix for this problem???  Im having exact same with Quickbooks desktop.  Looking all over online for a fix.  Quickbooks was no help on their support.  Thank you.

GaryE
Apprentice

Sadly, I've found no solution other than to use a "Forms Leader," which is available from Intuit. It's a slight inconvenience, but it works.

Announcements