cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF731 / 3 hole paper.

ronaldmcnichol
Apprentice

I have seen in HP printers (many with Canon engines) paper trays with named paper. In my case I want regular letter in tray 2 and  3 hole paper in tray 1 (smaller capacity tray) the multi porpose tray _could_ be used for serapation pages (I have seen blue paper for this purpose if the printed doesn't have a jog feature).

Under custom I would like to see a choice of 3 hole paper amongst the myriad other choices. That way if a user asks for 3 hole paper it gets whichever tray has that paper mounted and  the media type (setting set by the operator (probably me).of course letter (or whatever would come from the other tray. I don't see anywhere to do that from the front panel, or the remote software or the Windows (10 Pro) driver. 

Any ideas?

MS Word has mirrored margins for this, but not all aps have that. Mirrored because I print duplex (2 sided).

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi ronaldmcnichol.

The MF731Cdw does have the option to create custom paper sizes, but a creating a name for the custom paper type is not an option. To create a custom paper size, please follow the instructions below:

You can register up to three frequently used custom paper sizes.

1. Select <Paper Settings> in the Home screen.

2. Select <Register Custom Paper>.

3. Select the registration number.
Deleting a setting
  • Select <Delete>  <Yes>.

4. Specify the length of the <X> side and <Y> side.
  • Select <X> or <Y>, and enter the length of each side using <+>/<->, with / to move the cursor between the digits for inputting whole numbers and fractions.
  • If you register the paper size you use frequently on buttons <S1> to <S3>, you can call them up with one touch.

5. Select <Apply>.

Once the custom size is created, you will just need to set the paper settings for the multi-purpose tray to <Custom> by following the steps below:

1. Select <Custom> in the <Frequently Used Sizes> tab.

2. Select the paper type.

Now the user can select Custom in the driver settings on the computer and print the paper.

If you run into any issues, or have any other questions, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements