cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF3240 Not Recognized as printer

yrabins
Apprentice

I just bought a new computer running windows 10 home and cannot get the computer to recognize the MF3240 as anything other than a scanner. I've reinstalled the drivers from the Canon site and no luck. It only comes up as a scanner. My previous computer was also running windows 10 home and worked without issue. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13

Patrice
Whiz

Hi yrabins.

The printer driver must be installed manually on the Windows 10 operating system. Please follow the instructions below to install the driver:

1. In 'Downloads', you will see two listings (one will look like a clamp icon, the other will be a yellow file folder icon) with the name MF3240_MFDrivers_W64_us_EN.exe. Drag the yellow file folder icon to your desktop.

2. Connect your printer to the computer.

3. Close the 'Downloads' folder.

4. Right-click the 'Windows Start Button' and then click 'Device Manager'.

5. In the middle section of the window, you should see a listing that says 'Other Devices'.

6. Click the drop-down arrow beside other devices and you should see the Canon listings there.

7. Right-click on the first listing and select 'Update Driver Software'.

8. Next click on the 'Browse My Computer' option.

9. Click 'Browse' again and then scroll down in the window that pops up and select the folder you dragged to your desktop.

10. Click 'OK' and then click 'Next'.

After it updates successfully, close the window and repeat the steps for any remaining Canon listings.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you. I tried that and it still only recognized the device as a scanner. I finally right clicked directly on the .inf file for the printer and had it install from there and it worked. Still having issues with the scanner, but being able to print was the priority.

How do you install from the .INI file?

I mean .INF file

This is what worked for me:

Find the installer folder that was created when you did the driver install. Mine was in C:\Users\myusername\Downloads\MF3240_MFDrivers_W64_us_EN

Right Click on each INF file, then choose install.

There were 3 INF files in the 64-bit installer folder:

MF3200AU.INF
MF21SCN.INF
CNXRPUA6.INF

I assume that there is one each for the printer, scanner and fax.  I just did all three and the printer comes up just fine afterwards.

I am assuming that the reason this happened to me is that I use a regular user account (non-admin) and then put in my user credentials (different account) when I do software installs. I'm guessing this confused the driver install process.

Worked on this problem a long time. Listing the 3 INF files and instructions got me over the hump. Thanks so much.

I can't thank you guys enough for this support.  I have a Canon printer/scanner/copier that I really like that I haven't been able to use in about 4 years because the computer that it was connected to crapped out and - UNTIL NOW - I haven't found any suggestions that worked.

I am now connected to my 1 year old Samsung laptop and my printer is now working again.  YAY!!!

Does not work.  It shows in the Devices and I can work it as a scanner, but not a printer.  Had no problems in the othe Windows 10 machine, but have a new Dell laptop and will not work. I also installed the patch MF3200USBScanPatchW64EN.  Does that create the problem?

HI-

I'm having the same problem getting my MF3200 to link to my computer after upgrading to Windows 10 (using the manual load method listed above.)

I get to the step where you go into the Device Manager but I have no "other files" file listed.

What can I do?

Mucho thanks for your help.

SR

Announcements