04-15-2019 05:32 PM
I just bought a new computer running windows 10 home and cannot get the computer to recognize the MF3240 as anything other than a scanner. I've reinstalled the drivers from the Canon site and no luck. It only comes up as a scanner. My previous computer was also running windows 10 home and worked without issue. Any help is appreciated.
04-22-2019 10:51 AM
The printer driver must be installed manually on the Windows 10 operating system. Please follow the instructions below to install the driver:
1. In 'Downloads', you will see two listings (one will look like a clamp icon, the other will be a yellow file folder icon) with the name MF3240_MFDrivers_W64_us_EN.exe. Drag the yellow file folder icon to your desktop.
2. Connect your printer to the computer.
3. Close the 'Downloads' folder.
4. Right-click the 'Windows Start Button' and then click 'Device Manager'.
5. In the middle section of the window, you should see a listing that says 'Other Devices'.
6. Click the drop-down arrow beside other devices and you should see the Canon listings there.
7. Right-click on the first listing and select 'Update Driver Software'.
8. Next click on the 'Browse My Computer' option.
9. Click 'Browse' again and then scroll down in the window that pops up and select the folder you dragged to your desktop.
10. Click 'OK' and then click 'Next'.
After it updates successfully, close the window and repeat the steps for any remaining Canon listings.
04-22-2019 12:57 PM
Thank you. I tried that and it still only recognized the device as a scanner. I finally right clicked directly on the .inf file for the printer and had it install from there and it worked. Still having issues with the scanner, but being able to print was the priority.