cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass MF269DW "could not perform cleaning"

hickoryhillmilk
Apprentice

Our printer is leaving a black ink ribbon along the right edge of all copies/printouts. We've manually cleaned the printer per guidelines in owner's manual. I also have went to Menu>Adjustment/Maintenance>Clean Fixing Assembly but we get the error message "Could not perform cleaning." We have checked for paper jams and paper size, all that is fine. Can you help?

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Can you confirm that the toner you have installed is Canon and not 3rd party?  Also that the paper size you have set is what is loaded in the printer?  If unprinted documents exist in the print queue, a cleaning cannot be performed.

There is also a selectable option called "Auto Clean"  Try turning this off.  If you are not using Canon toner, I may have further suggestions.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

hickoryhillmilk
Apprentice

The printer cartridge reads: CANON Toner Cartridge 051H canon.com/ctc on the left side. I will say in the past we have used some. There are no print jobs hanging out there waiting. Letter size paper selected and loaded into the tray. 

I do not see the Auto Clean option, where can I find that?

*To clarify, in the past we have used 3rd party toner cartridges but the last two times are Canon brand. 

Hello All

I have a Canon MF743CDW. About 2 years now.

Use original canon cartridge's.

no trouble until recently getting "could not clean the fixing assembly. preform cleaning fixing assembly (reduce back side stain). tried to find the way to do that. reviewed the websites.

tried going to maintenance menu to manually select this and the other cleaning options. 

when i this i get "could not perform cleaning" message on all options. new fresh paper, all set up for LTR. what gives? i notice when scanning docs yes i will get a thick  black band through the scanned image. so far that is the only time something shows up as a problem. can you help clearly?  

HARLOWRU
Apprentice

Hello All

I have a Canon MF743CDW. About 2-3 years old now.

Use original canon cartridge's.

no trouble until recently getting "could not clean the fixing assembly. preform cleaning fixing assembly (reduce back side stain). tried to find the way to do that. reviewed the websites.

tried going to maintenance menu to manually select this and the other cleaning options. 

when i this i get "could not perform cleaning" message on all options. new fresh paper, all set up for LTR. what gives? i notice when scanning docs yes i will get a thick  black band through the scanned image. so far that is the only time something shows up as a problem. can you help clearly?  

Announcements