cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF242dw Won't Print Single-Page Documents Wirelessly, Multi-Page Docs OK

xxpapawolfxx
Apprentice

My printer will not wirelessly print single page documents. It will print multiple page documents and pages from the desktop. The printer will start powering up but it’s like the feeder will not pull the paper to print, so I know the printer receives the request wirelessly. It just will not print it. Weirdest thing ever. I’ve tried resetting the network setting and reset the router a retimes. Anyone have any advice?

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

Do you see any error messages?
What specific version of Windows or macOS are you using?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

No error messages. And I’m using my iPhone and iPad to print the documents.

Hello,

The issue that you are describing looks like it could be app based or caused by the settings used to print. In this situation, I would usually suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents could check the settings being used and the app that you are printing from.

We would be happy to assist with the issue in the forums. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What app are you printing from when you run into the problem and does it happen while printing from any other apps?
  2. When you try to print the document, do you get any messages on the display of the printer or does it start to respond to the print command? If, so what messages appear?
  3. What size paper are you trying to print the single page documents on?
Announcements