cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF731Cdw Prints Too Light

lemerd594
Apprentice

prints too light, image class mf 731 CDW.  I have read the instruction thoroughly to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I took pictures of the "path" using my 743 (which is the same physical printer as the 731/733/735/741/745). Menu->Adjustment/Maintenance->Adjust Image Quality (and Maintenance).

From the "Adjustment" menu, try running the first three selections. From the "Maintenance" menu, try running the first three selections. See if any of that makes a difference.

When selecting "Adjust Gradation", the printer will create two test pages containing color patterns using all four colors. Does the first one look OK? or is it, also faded? 🤔

Canon_0.jpgCanon_1.jpgCanon_2.jpgCanon_3.jpgCanon_4.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

The imageCLASS MF731,733,741,743 and others have some onboard maintenance & adjustment capabilities under the "Settings" menu. If they haven't been run, try them and see if they make any difference.

Also, are the toner cartridges genuine Canon, or a third party? 🤔

Under menu I find no place to adjust print settings.  My color cartridges are down to 20% but no warnings.  

Cannot find a "settings" under menu.  Can you send path?  Sorry to be so dense but the problem has never appeared before and product has not needed this kind of manipulations before.

Under menu I find no place to adjust print settings.  My color cartridges are down to 20% but no warnings.  

Cannot find a "settings" under menu.  Can you send path?  Sorry to be so dense but the problem has never appeared before and product has not needed this kind of manipulations before.

Only Canon ink ever.

I took pictures of the "path" using my 743 (which is the same physical printer as the 731/733/735/741/745). Menu->Adjustment/Maintenance->Adjust Image Quality (and Maintenance).

From the "Adjustment" menu, try running the first three selections. From the "Maintenance" menu, try running the first three selections. See if any of that makes a difference.

When selecting "Adjust Gradation", the printer will create two test pages containing color patterns using all four colors. Does the first one look OK? or is it, also faded? 🤔

Canon_0.jpgCanon_1.jpgCanon_2.jpgCanon_3.jpgCanon_4.jpg

I had done all that already.  But replacing the cartridges before 20% is the answer.  Seemed like I should have gotten more than 80% use from the but live and learn.  Thanks so much for your assistance and patience.  Us Old Folks need all the patience and assistance we can get.

I've set the change toner cartridge notification/alarm on the 733 & 743 to activate at 10%.

20% seems a bit early to require a cartridge replacement. I think the factory default level is 30%.

Replacement toner cartridge costs....being what they are....I'd make purchasing the final step in troubleshooting.

Started out purchasing the standard 046 & 055 versions, but soon switched to the high capacity offerings.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements