cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP cnange and now dept pin no good

davecason
Apprentice

Hi,

Have a C5240, we changed the IP number and network subnet here in the office - from .1.1 to .3.1 and now when we try to print its asking us for a dept pin for ALL print jobs rather than just the color .......

All I can find is this:

You can register a Department ID and password (up to seven digits) for each department, and manage the machine by limiting its use to only those who enter the correct Department ID and password. This is called Department ID Management. Department IDs and passwords for up to 1,000 departments can be registered. Use Department ID Management to keep track of the copy, scan, and print totals for each department.

With Department ID Management, the following settings can be specified:

• Turn Department ID Management 'On' or 'Off'.
  • Register the Department ID and password.
  • Set page limits for colour/black-and-white scans, colour/black-and-white prints, and colour/black-and-white copies.
  • Set whether to use Department ID Management for the Mail Box, Send, Fax, and Remote Scan functions. If the Copy function is specified, it is automatically restricted when Department ID Management is set.
  • Check the information on copy, scan, and print totals.

OK, great BUT HOW?  It was setup where B&W just came out and if you wanted color you got a prompt for the pin 6677 but now it's either not printing at all or asking for that code on everything.    I even removed the dept ID - and disabled dept ID mgmt and it was still asking for a pin.....  I've since put the code and mgmt back on but its working for some but not everyone.

Cheers'

Dave

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, Dave!

Thanks for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

I know ..... we just got bought and are witing for the new company to pay Canon and get our support going again .....

But my users can't print right now ...... and that's the problem !

Cheers'

Dave

PS - It should have been happy once I turned off Dept ID Mgmt and restarted the printer ....

but it's STILL asking for an ID ..... Why?

Anybody ......  ?     Help?

tylercaine89
Contributor

What most likely happened is the print driver changed. What you need to do is go into "printers and devices" and right click on the 5240 printer. Go to printer properties, and under the advanced tab you will see "printer defaults" button. Under those settings you will be able to enter in the dept id and password, if required, for "dept id management." once you have entered in this area you should be able to print. If you are using a mac computer than the steps are similar but a little different to navigate. 

Announcements