cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I own a Canon MX892 printer. worked yesterday. today it is dead. Tried all the usual fixes. no luck

bobkat
Apprentice

This the second Canon MX series Printer I have bought. First was a MX850, Current one is a MX892. Both worked fine, properly shut down and the next day dead.  I bought these because I belived they were top quality machines and did all the function needed and I spent over $300 for each of these. The 850 is long gone. What can you do to get this MX892unit working? if you can not help I will go to Epson And make sure everyone I know is told not to buy Canon. I am an IT manager and I will make sure we never purchase a Canon device again.

Thank You

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hi bobkat!

Welcome to The Canon Community Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

It looks like you might be outside of the US, and  we need to let you know that The Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you are outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

You are welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Yes I am presently in Mexico and my printer was bought in the USA in Texas. I spend 6 to 9 months a year in mexico, I am an A american citizen. I need help on how to get this unit working.

Thank you for the clarification!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please feel free to CONTACT US either by phone during business hours or email 24 hours a day!

Hello.

To try and resolve this issue, please unplug the power from the unit for about 25-30 minutes. Once this time frame has passed, plug the unit in directly to a wall outlet to see if the printer will power up properly.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements