cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX7050: printer wants new maintenance cartridges, but nowhere available!!

Dogmatix
Apprentice

Hello,

my Maxify GX7050 has recently started to notify me that it will soon need a new maintenance cartridge MC-G01. The trouble is that these cartridges do not seem to be available anywhere in Europe, not even from Canon themselves. These are fairly recent printer models, and these cartridges are critical to their function, so they really, really should be available.

1. When will these cartridges be available again?
2. In the continuing absence of these new cartridges, how can GX7050 users continue to use their printers? Is there some trick to persuade printers to carry on printing, or can users make their existing cartridges usable again?
3. If printers cannot be used due to the absence of new maintenance cartridges, will Canon pay compensation to users, or lend users suitable replacement printers (free of charge, of course)?

A solution to this problem must be found very soon, or there will be a lot of highly disgruntled Canon customers around as more and more printers decide that they need replacement MC-G01's.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dogmatix
Apprentice

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I sent an on-line form to Canon Europe, and a few days later, they called me and told me that they were aware of the situation, and that supplies would be arriving in Europe in the second half of July - and indeed, I have managed to procure a cartridge in Germany (at a non-shortage-inflated price, too.

The problem is therewith solved. Thanks again for your replies.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite

I cannot speak to any Canon supply stores in Europe (this forum is for Canon USA).  But I do see the Canon MC-G01 currently in stock at both B&H Photo and Adorama to name a couple of authorized Canon dealers.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Dogmatix
Apprentice

Sorry, I didn't realise that this is a US-only forum. Is there a European Canon forum?

Appears to be https://community.canon-europe.com

If you don't find the product locally, would you be able to purchase from the US stores I listed earlier?  Would all depend if they'd be able to ship to your location.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Dogmatix
Apprentice

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I sent an on-line form to Canon Europe, and a few days later, they called me and told me that they were aware of the situation, and that supplies would be arriving in Europe in the second half of July - and indeed, I have managed to procure a cartridge in Germany (at a non-shortage-inflated price, too.

The problem is therewith solved. Thanks again for your replies.

Announcements