cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX6021 Bonjour Not Working

martyw
Apprentice

I just purchased a GX6021 ink jet printer.  It's set up on WiFi, has Direct Print turned on, and Bonjour is turned on.  

Windows and Android see the printer and can print to it.  Apple iOS mobile and Mac laptops will not see the printer.  I'm running through the https://ij.start.canon setup on each device and on the Mac, after install of the software, I go to add the printer and the GX6021 is not listed.  There are other brands of printers listed.  No Canon though.

Is there anything else I can check to get Bonjour to work before I ship this thing back as defective?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Martyw,

If the printer is working from Windows and your Android devices, the printer hardware should be working. If the printer can't be detected, you can print the lan details to check how the printer is connected to your network. You can check the SSID, ipv4 address and signal strength. Make sure the SSID on the network print matches the network the Mac is connected to. If the signal strength is in the 60s or below, you can try moving the printer closer to get a better connection. You can open a web page on the Mac to check if the computer can reach the printer's web page by entering the ip address into the address bar and pressing enter.

If you are unable to reach the ip address or if the signal strength does not improve, you can try unplugging your router from the power for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in. If the Mac is still unable to detect the printer, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check what ight be causing any detection issues.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements