cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error printing images in Canon MF445dw

leudy99
Apprentice

Hello friends, when someone in the building sends an image to the printer, the print queue stops and does not allow anything else to be printed, it only accumulates the impressions. the only solution so far is to go into the print search server and delete the queue directly. But I would like to know if it is necessary to enable an option in the printer for this, even if the printer is black and white, I understand that it should print the images without any problem.

Anyone knows how to solve this?

It would be a great help.

9 REPLIES 9

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Nothing "special" needs to be enabled on the printer in order for it to print images, evenif its b&w.

Does this happen with one type of image, or all images? (tiff, .jpg, .png etc)

When printing from a specific application, or all applications?

Can users print web pages, do the images appear?

How was the printer installed?  Is this "Server" running a Print Server role and was the device installed as a TCP/IP printer?  What version is the OS and what driver was used for install?

Thanks

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

That is what I understand that it should print the images regardless of whether the printer is black and white or color. Yes, it happens with any type of image. the printer was installed as TCP/IP and is in Windows 10 and the driver used was the following:

gg.PNG

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

The driver you are using appears to be correct.  Is this printer installed on a Print Server?  or is " print search server " your terminology for Print Queue?

Can you print pages which include images..  either web pages or a document with text and images. 

Problem printing images from one application or all applications? (Asked previously)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

leudy99
Apprentice

Yes, the printer via IP is installed on a print server. You can print documents that contain images with that, there is no problem, the problem arises when someone wants to print an image directly from windows

Hello Leudy99,

If jobs are getting stuck in the queue and it only happens when you try to print a photo directly from Windows, it usually points to a driver issue. In this situation, I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666. They would be happy to assist with checking if the correct version of the UFR driver is installed and what might be causing the issue.

Hell Hector,

Can you provide me an email to contact the team, I'm from Dominican Republic.

Hi, leudy99!

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

de_bie_roel
Apprentice

Hello,

Is there a sollution for this issue. We experience the same problem here.

Hello de_bie_roel,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. Does the issue only come up when printing from a specific program?
  3. Does it happen only with specific image file types and can you print web pages/documents that have images?
Announcements