cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message on my MX700 Printer: U052 This type of print head is incorrect.

jdegann
Apprentice

I got this after installing new ink - it worked just a bit and then when I turned printer off and on, got this msg.  I took out cartridges and head, put them back in, and no change.

59 REPLIES 59

Dear Canon, do you really think we are so stupid as not to try this, it's the frist thing anyone would try !

Hi ChampMlra,

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Did not work for me.
Paolo

I suggest you guys go back to the forum topic index page and check out the one titled "Re: Call to Arms for the dreaded U052 Wrong Printhead Error". You can read 43 pages of complaints about the U052 error that has been built in to most of Canon's printers. You will notice Canon's feeble suggestions that include you should buy a new printer head that costs almost the same as a new printer and does not cure the fault................or they will honor you with a discount on a new printer when you can beat the discounted price in some retail outlets! Time to draw a line under misplaced loyalty to Canon.
Always hate to see corporate ripoffs by companies we used to trust.

im i lucky or what but it worked after first attempt. thanx

This solution did not work :((  

I tried these steps many times but no luck. It is frustrating.

2 people in 2 different states have filed class action lawsuits in regards to this error message.  do a google search for more info.

Is this the only thing Canon can say, are you even a real person?  I think Canon answers this community like it runs it's printer error messages, just feed them bull over and over eventually they'll give up,  Hey Canon you're right, we'll give up and buy your competitor's printer, and products, why waste our time with Canon?

God bless, pray for Canon

Jim

@Michael wrote:

Hello jdegann.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve this error:

1.  Open the cover of the printer.

2.  Remove all ink tanks from the printer.

3.  Lift up the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder.

4.  Gently remove the print head from the carriage unit.

5.  Place the print head back in and lock the lever down.

6.  Place all of the ink tanks back in the printer.

7.  Close the cover and turn the printer off.

8.  Unplug the power from the printer.  Leave the power unplugged for about 5-10 minutes.

Once this has been done, plug the power back in and turn the printer on.  If the error persists, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance with this matter.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

What service options. I can't find a service agent anywhere near me!!!
Announcements