cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a Canon MB5020 work on a residential VOIP line

The_Hat
Contributor

I have a Canon MB5020 Multi-function printer which has faxing capabilities. It currently operates on my residential analog telephone line and I want to know if it will work on a residential Digital Home Phone line.

As I noted above I currently have a analog home telephone line. In addition I have a digital Internet connection and I am considering switching the analog telephone line to a digital VOIP line.

I understand that some fax machines will operate on a VOIP line and I can't find any information on my Canon MB5020 Printer that indicatest it will.

If anyone knows whether or not a Canon MB5020 will operate on a digital line I would like them to tell me how to set it up so  it will. Currently I have been unable to find any such instruction on the Canon website or on Internet services,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi The_Hat,

The MAXIFY MB5020 will work with VoIP.  The setup is the same as if using a tradtitional phone line.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi The_Hat,

The MAXIFY MB5020 will work with VoIP.  The setup is the same as if using a tradtitional phone line.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for being the person to finally give me an answer on the MB5020 working on a VOIP line.

I planning on converting my analog line where I have a Ringmaster number as my fax number to two VOIP lines so I can still have a voice line and a line speciffically for my fax.

Thanks again for providing me with an answer I can use.

Announcements