cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D1620 imageClass error #752 when sending via Gmail avoided by disabling IPv6

gb171
Contributor

Like many on this forum, I had set up Scan-To-Email to a gmail account. It worked when I set it up, then it stopped working.

I figured out the reason, in my case: since I have IPv6 connectivity, I had turned on IPv6 on the printer. This, however, did not work and in fact made it impossible for the printer to communicate with smtp.gmail.com

Disabling IPv6 restored the scan-to-email functionality for me.

This is a new imageClass D1620

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Hopefully this will help somone else.

You may want to include the port (587, 465, etc) and the security settings you are using to make it easier for someone who is also troubleshooting this issue.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Please note that I was referring to the common situation where a working configuration ceased to work for unexplainable reasons, as appears to be common with these devices.

Gmail's SMTP server requires the use of TLS and thus the SMTP port must be 587. If you had a working configuration, like I and the many others on this forum had, then you got this correct.

Hi gb171.

If you haven't yet done so, try updating the D1620's firmware. Communication protocol updates come bundled in newer versions of the firmware.

Beyond the firmware, it's possible that the use of IPv6 is triggering defensive measures on Google's end, in light of the different security needs in comparison to IPv4.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Updating the firmware is the first thing I do when buying an electronic item.

gb171
Contributor

I figured out the issue. 

On my home network, IPv6 had temporarily ceased to work due to a router issue that was fixed by a router reboot.

During that time, all devices in my network had lost their global IPv6 connectivity.

In those cases, the standard demands that devices must fall back to using IPv4. All other devices (PCs, tablets, mobile phones via WiFi) did so, which is why I didn't notice this failure at first. The only device that didn't fall back to IPv4 was the D1620, which instead gave a #752.

Canon engineers should address this defect.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements