cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct driver to use?

Mike20878
Contributor

I have four printers listed in Windows for my Maxify MB2320.

1. Canon MB2300 series
  2. Canon MB2300 series FAX (Copy 1)
  3. Canon MB2300 series Printer
  4. Canon MB2300 series Printer XPS (Copy 1)

First, is there duplication here?  When I right-click and select printer properties on #1 it displays a menu of three printers (MB2300 series, the fax, and the XPS).  Each uses a USB port.

The printer properties for #2, #3, and #4 show a network port connection.  I haven't used an ethernet connection in a while though.  Or is this appearing from the network?

Second, when I print, which is best to use?  XPS or the regular driver?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi Mike20878.

If the printer is detected on a particular connection, most computers are set up in advance to automatically register them as they're detected.  Additionally, Windows will treat the USB connection as a completely separate device from the same device on WiFi.  To minimize confusion on the USB connection, I recommend removing all of the MB2300 series entries, then removing the USB cord, wait ~ 12 seconds, then reconnect it.  The printer should be re-registered automatically with the Canon-produced drivers.

The XPS drivers are extra drives for specialized printing applications.  You will only need them if you have software that specifically asks for that type of driver.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi Mike20878.

If the printer is detected on a particular connection, most computers are set up in advance to automatically register them as they're detected.  Additionally, Windows will treat the USB connection as a completely separate device from the same device on WiFi.  To minimize confusion on the USB connection, I recommend removing all of the MB2300 series entries, then removing the USB cord, wait ~ 12 seconds, then reconnect it.  The printer should be re-registered automatically with the Canon-produced drivers.

The XPS drivers are extra drives for specialized printing applications.  You will only need them if you have software that specifically asks for that type of driver.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements