03-27-2018 09:08 PM
My printer 8580 CDW also stopped copying and scanning. The original processes normally but the copy comes out completely blank. I saw many other posts but no one had a fix. It is not toners as printing still functions perfectly. It must be software,
Does anyone have a fix??
05-23-2018 09:25 AM
There is a firmware update that we recommend doing to resolve the issue.
You can download and install drivers and software for your printer by following the steps below.
1. Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support
2. Type imageCLASS MF8580Cdw in the "Enter a Model Name" box and click search.
3. On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers& Downloads' link in the middle of the page.
4. Select "Operating System"
5. Under the "Firmware" tab section click on the file named [Windows] MF8580Cdw Firmware Update Tool (V04.08)" After reading the details and disclaimer, click 'I Agree to terms. Download and save the file to your computer. Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to begin the installation.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:
07-07-2018 09:03 AM
I'm having the same issue and I've just updated the firmware also. Scans and Copies are just blank, prints just fine. I'm a computer technician by trade still have yet to figure out why this printer does this. I would like to repair instead of throwing this printer out, if there is a known hardware issue that would cause this. I've read a few posts here that someone had bought a second printer and it worked fine for about a year then just started doing the same thing again?