cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colors not as vivid when using proper Canon driver for LPB622CDW

georgec22
Contributor

Per my attached photos, I am having trouble getting my LPB622C to repoduce colors as vividly as it did when I was using the generic print driver on my MacBook. 

The image show the prints on the left using the generic driver, and the prints on the right using the proper Canon driver. 

Settings are for the proper paper type (24#), and I have increased the toner density for CMYK to +8 on all. I have also turned off grayscale compensation with the intent of acheving a "rich black". 

In general, the colors appear washed out since I started using the Canon driver. Howver it did allow me to print at a higher resolution than the geneic driver, which was the original issue I was trying to solve. I was not expecting the Canon driver to make the colors less vivid. 

The colors actually look a bit more vivid and dark in this photo than they do in person. 

In the purple art photo, then center version is the generic driver, and the versions on either side are the Canon driver with stock settings on the left, and the manal settings (mentioned above) on the right side. 

Any help regading the settings I should be using is appreciated. goblin-color-compare.jpg

goblin-color-compare.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

georgec22
Contributor

OK so part of this mystery has been solved: the print density settings changed via the Print screen (macOS 10.14, Canon driver) were not being applied. 

I was able to finally get the colors darker by manually setting print density on the printer itself. 

While I am glad to have figured this out, I'd really prefer to be able to do this via the print settings so I can save as a print preset for various print jobs. I don't always want the higher density settings applied. 

But at least I have made some progess. 

After experimenting with various density levels, I’ve found that +2 for each color works really well.

Increasing the K any higher didn’t make the blacks any darker, only made the other colors that used K darker.

I’m really pleased with the output of the printer now.

Also, see my other thread here about the "Density (Fine Adjust)" setting, where if I understand things correctly, you can further adjust the toner density on a per-color basis for shadows, mid tones, and highlights. 

So for example, you could bump up the Cyan levels only in the shadows tonal range, and simultaneously reduce Cyan toner density in the highlights tonal range. I haven't had a chance to experiment with these settings to confirm my interpretation is correct. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements