cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Scan not working - Canon MF244DW

arfat
Apprentice

I own Canon - MF244DW model Laser Printer. From yesterday , I have been facing an issue where whenever I try to scan a document using color scan option, on LCD screen it is showing as "Scanning....." and after few seconds  it is creating a white page image in folder ( instead of the original img) and still on screen it is saying "Scanning........." , even I left it out for 2 hours still it is saying the same. Even if I try to cancel, it is just showing "Cancelling..." but nothing happening. I have to power off the printer.

I tried Black & white scan option, it is working properly.

Even I tried with USB cable, Lan cable, Wireless, nothing is working for colored scan. I reset the settings too, but no luck.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi arfat.

If you have an Android or iOS tablet or phone handy, try scanning over the network using the Canon PRINT Business app.

Otherwise, try disabling your computer's firewall and/or antivirus, then performing a color scan again.

If either of the above correct the problem, then the source of the problem is likely the security software on the computer.  Refer to the security software's documentation and support for directions on how to allow the printer's communications to continue through to the computer.

If the problem occurs on the mobile device, or with the firewall disabled, and you're located in the U.S., please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jcub
Apprentice

I have this identical problem on a MF269DW. Developed after 4 years of service. Spent 21/2 hours with very helpful support and we could not fix it by uninstalling, reinstalling drivers, updating firmware, initializing settings, etc. The error is NOT driver config or version. I could make it happen from a Windows 10 machine on USB and Ethernet and also from Android 12 version of Canon Business Printer (from Play store). Gray scale scan works great from both devices. Color - same exact error experience - printer displays "scanning", green light blinks, nothing more happens, printer state is unrecoverable except to reboot printer. This is clearly an edge case problem, but it will appear for others again.

TL;DR - It is NOT a communication or driver issue - same error on printer from two different OS's (Android, Windows). Printer firmware likely has a glitch. My solution: Bought a color scanner to use when I needed color.

Announcements