cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canoscan Toolbox does not recognize working Canon LiDE 80 Scanner

highway69
Contributor

My operating system is Windows 7 SP1, 32-bit.

I had a Lide 80 scanner. It failed. I had installed Canoscan Toolbox 4.13.16.

I replaced the Lide 80 with a Lide 100.

I installed a new device driver from the Canon website. I updated the Toolbox program to 5.012.

I connected my new scanner and heard the usual noises. Windows device driver said the device was working.

I started Canoscan Toolbox.  I clicked settings. In the drop-down selection box in the select scanner area of the scanner, no scanners appeared. When I clicked the save button and clicked the Scan command button, a select Source dialog box opened. It had three choices:

Canoscan LiDE 100, 14.0 (32-32)
Canoscan LiDE 80, 7.2 (32-32)
WIA-WIA Canoscan LiDE. 100 (32-32)

For all three selections, selecting them got a Canoscan Toolbox dialog box with the message "Unable to select TWAIN Source."

The Toolbox program is not recognizing the scanner.

I opened Windows fax and scan and scaned a document without difficulty.

I opened XvView and with File, Acquire, scanned an mage.

I opened the Windows control panel, chose Devices and Printers, and saw the CanoScan LiDE 100 device. I chose it. The CanoScan Lide 100 control panel opened.

I chose operate your scanner. A second Canoscan control panel opened.

I chose Scan photos or documents/Open the WIA driver. I clicked the Preview command button in the New Scan dialog box and got a good preview from the scanner.

I chose Display Scan Profiles for WIA driver. The Scan Profiles dialog box opened. I saw two profiles, one for documents and one for photos

I chose Display Scanner Properties,and the dialog box, WIA CanoScan LiDE 100 properties, opened. In the General tab, I clicked the Test Scanner command button. The test ran sccessfully.

The scanner works.

How do I get the Canoscan toolbox program to work with the scanner?

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements