cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon lbp6030w failed to print with "filter failed" in macOS 12 & 13

charlie1kimo
Apprentice

Hi all,

I have a Canon lbp6030w printer at home. I used to be able to connect to it using wireless and print with no problems.

In the recent updates to macOS 12 or macOS 13. I realized my lbp6030w printer stop working.

Every time when I tried to print. The print job says "filter failed" in the job and it then stuck in the queue.

I tried to delete the old drivers in my macOS and reinstall the latest Canon drivers (as 2022-12-16 from the Canon USA support site), and then re-add my printer. It still doesn't work. This happens to both of my macOS laptop, one with macOS 12 & the other one with macOS 13.

Is anyone else encountering this problem? What's the best way to fix this or work around this?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try resetting the printer system. 

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/reset-printing-system-mac-solve-a-problem-mh14001/mac

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried your suggestions on reseting the printer system in macOS. But after I did that and re-add the printer, I still got the "Stopped - 'Filter' failed" printing error... I am really puzzled...

-Charlie-

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Maybe try posting over on The Lightroom Queen forum. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John for the reply. I just did.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/canon-lbp6030w-printer-macos-12-printing-error.4682...

Let's see if there's any workaround exists...

howardc64
Apprentice

6030W macOS 14.2.1 1/15/24 drivers. Get "filter failed" connected in both network or USB. Did all the print system resets, remove printer, delete driver files in /Library etc. Found the failure is only with 1 particular PDF file. Not sure what is special about this file.

Logging into Printer's UI portal reveals the file is in "waiting" mode in printer's Q. Can't delete it. Printing other files are fine. Canon probably need to take a look at this PDF file. Not sure where to send it.

Announcements