cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pro 2000 delays in printing

entropychef
Apprentice

So, I have been printing everyday since December with Canon Pro 2000 dual roll printer.

Recently, I've seen delays in printing, both remotely with job and hooked up to USB printer cable.

No obvious errors, remote UI shows it sending, and it eventually gets there and starts printing. Sometimes.

The delays feels longer, and jobs just seem to get stuck - the local UI shows the job clearly in the Job history, it's just not printing.

Will call shortly, but hoping to get answer from here as well. 5 months of printing approximately 30ft a day, and this is definitely something new. 

I get the hunch this is a creeping hard disk failure as back in December the send to the printer and subsequent printing started moments after print was initiated. 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Quickest way to test is with another computer.  This will rule out the system (HDD, OS, etc)

Start there.  There is no reason to be using plattered disks with SSD or m.2 available, unless this is a server environment. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements