cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF743 Not Connecting to Mac

mbessett
Apprentice

Installing a new Canon MF743 and it pulls an IP Address from the router on the same subnet as the Mac laptop. I can install the printer in Mac OSX by using the IP Address to set it up and the proper driver. However, I cannot print, or scan from the machine. I can reach it via the web browser but no printing supported. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi,

What Mac OS are running (???)

If 10.15, have you downloaded the latest drivers from the Support Site

Setting the printer up as a IP printer is a good idea.  If the device is not responding from the webserver, there is likely a problem with the driver or configuration.  Shouldn't be too hard t figure out since you can reach it from your device.     

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

OSX Version 10.14.6

I downloaded the drivers last week, and upgraded the firmware on the printer last night. I've also re-installed the printer in my settings. 

Patrice
Whiz

Hi mbessett.

Does the AirPrint version of the printer appear in the Default section of the Add window as well? We do recommend adding the printer using the IP address, but this information can help to isolate the issue. 

Also, are you able to print from a mobile device, like an iPhone or iPad? 

We look forward to your reply. If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

mbessett
Apprentice
Unfortunately I don’t see it on my iPhone or Mac via AirPrint or Bonjour. I used the user guide as reference for AirPrint but it doesn’t seem to work. My iPhone is on the same network as the printer too. Thanks.
Announcements