cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF731C laser printer turns paper light red/pink when printing/copying

gores95
Contributor

Hello when I print in color the entire paper has a reddish tint in it. Black and white comes out perfect though. This happens whether I print from my iPhone (AirPrint) or I put something on the glass and copy it. The paper just comes out reddish/pink all over. I do not use the printer through my computer, I use it to just print from my iPhone. Model is Canon MF731C. The maintenance functions on the printer itself in settings doesn't help. The toner cartridges were all replaced a few months ago and all show pretty full. Any suggestions? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Maybe you mean MF731Cdw 

Support | Color Laser | Color imageCLASS MF731Cdw | Canon USA

Please provide an image of the output showing the reddish tint.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

image.jpgHere you go. And yes you are right that is my printer model.  Thanks!

Greetings,

Thank you. Some additional questions, sorry.

When did this start happening?  Did something change?

Are you using Canon branded toners?

Do your toners have adequate levels?  If depleted, incorrect color cast can result.

Does this behavior occur for all color prints and from any application?  

Have you changed any of the printer's color settings? (Color Gradation)

Next steps I might take:

-Remove, inspect, clean and reseat my toner cartridges in the carrier tray.  Look for an excessive amount of toner build up. 

-If you are not using Canon branded toner, switch to them

-Perform a factory reset on the printer, then retest

-If all else fails:

Your printer has a 3 yr warranty from Canon.  You can contact them.  They can evaluate if the printer is operating correctly and / or provide another solution.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Rick. I will try these. How do I do a factory reset?  Thanks again. 

Announcements