cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF642Cdw printing problem with paper

wd420
Apprentice

I have a Canon MF642Cdw. Whenever I print anything,  the paper prints, comes out of the printer, then gets sucked back in and then out again. Kind of like it is doing a 2 sided printing. Although it isnt printing 2 sided and the other side is blank and all 2 sided printing settings are turned off. I checked the setting on the printer itself and on the computer and it is set to 1 sided printing. Is it suppossed to do this? It makes all printing go pretty slow and this is a brand new printer and should be printing quickly.

5 REPLIES 5

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello WD420,

If the printer is pulling the page in after printing and you are not receiving any errors, it would usually mean the duplex setting is being applied somewhere in the software, driver settings or, on the printer. To assist further with the issue, we would need some additional information. If you could reply with the information below, we can continue to assist.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. What program are you printing from when this happens?
  3. Does this issue only apply to a specific document or does it happen with all document?

For a more immediate response, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666, our agents would be happy to assist.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer? I am using Windows 10 Home
  2. What program are you printing from when this happens? every program - word, outlook, from my phone through WIFI
  3. Does this issue only apply to a specific document or does it happen with all document? It happens with all documents

WHen I print, a paper comes out and it comes out BLANK every time, then gets sucked back in and prints.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello WD420,

If all items are printing duplex and you have gone into the printer driver and disabled the two sided printing using the steps in the link provided HERE, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the driver for the printer.

1. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in appwiz.cpl and click OK.
  2. Select the MF642 driver and click uninstall.
  3. You can download and install the recommend driver using the link provided HERE.

Once that is complete, you can try printing again and turning off the duplex printing to see if the issue has been resolved.

I followed all the directions and it still does it. I just realized it is not doing 2 sided printing. I printed 2 pages from a document and it printed them on 2 different pages. What it is doing is it takes a paper into the feeder, pushes it out, then sucks it back in and prints and pushes it back out again. The first time it comes out, it is blank. Is this how this printer is suppossed to print? it is so slow and it does it with every page it prints. It takes forever to print anything. I already uninstalled the driver and reinstalled per the directions.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Wd420,

At this point it looks like a setting is being overlooked or there is something wrong with the hardware. In this situation I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our support team can check all the settings that are being applied when you print and can provide warranty options if there is something wrong with the hardware itself.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements