cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MAXIFY MB 2150 Keeps printing to Fax even after reinstalling software

seanmacaoidh
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I have seen a number of posts where people are printing but on their printer, it is saying sending a fax.

This is exactly my problem as well so I have uninstalled the canon MB 2150 software reinstalled it and it works

FOR A DAY OR SO !!!!!

and then I back to the same problem. I have 2 laptops and a PC all running Windows 10 pro and its happening on all 3.

I can't keep uninstalling and reinstall printer drivers on all 3 almost every second day

There Has to be an option to turn of the Fax

Too many people are having the same problem so it has to be within the canon driver 

Because if I uninstall and reinstall its fine. Its not windows 10

So Canon Please tell me and everyone a way to turn off the fax

Or 

to stop this default printing to fax without having to constantly reinstalling

You will be losing customers hand over fist if you dont sort this out

Waiting for a clear fix from someone or a canon engineer

John

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi seanmacaoidh,

This issue wil occur if a print job is sent to the fax, insstead of the printer.  It can also occur if Windows is managing the default printer and sets the default to the incorrect printer.

To resolve this issue, please uninstall the driver from all 3 computers and then reinstall.

Once reinstalled, please go to the Devices & Printers window in Control Panel.  Right click the MAXIFY printer and left click on Set as Default device.  Please do this on all 3 computers.  If you are not using the fax, you can right click the MAXIFY fax in the Devices & Printers window and left click on Remove Device.

Doing this will prevent this from hapenning again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements