cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot print #10 Envelopes MF743C

JMHolzbauer
Apprentice

I seem to be having significant difficulty getting #10 Envelopes to print from my new MF743C.  I have them in the multiuse drawer and standard letter paper in drawer #1.  I have configured the multiuse drawer as a #10 envelope.  However, whenever I go to print an envelope (Word or PDF usually) it only prints on letter sized paper.  The only time that I can get this to work is if I select the muli-purpose tray manually.  This should be able to select the tray based on the size of the doc reported by the app shouldn't it?

In addition, if I manually select the multi purpose tray, I have to also manually reduce the size to 95% so that it will fit on the envelope.  Something like this should be pretty straight forward one would think.

Running Windows 10, Word 2013, Adobe Reader, latest Canon driver from the Canon site.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert
Hello JMHolzbauer, If you would like for the printer to select the paper tray based on the paper size that is selected, you can change the paper feed setting on the printer for Paper Source Auto Selection. You can change the setting using the steps in the link below. https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-3547-zz-SSM-740-enUS/contents/devu-basicope-papers_pset-psize_ptype-e... If the image is shrinking, when you are trying to print on envelopes, I would suggest contacting our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help with the issue and see what settings are causing that problem.
Announcements